Sunday, November 9, 2014

changes

I swore off outfit posts, yet here I am. Never say never? I finally found my perfect fake-leather high boots at Buffalo Exchange, in exchange for some jackets that haven't seen the light of day in years. I couldn't be more happy that they're not real leather, for obvious reasons, but also because they're super light to carry, making traveling a lot easier. Also, how great is the subtle detail on this Free People sweater? I'm obsessed with pairing it with their plaid skirt from their summer collection. Plus, these Kensie tights are a work of art and not showing even these few inches of them would be a shame. 

Recently I wrote an assignment for class in which I had to "create" my own business. Of course, my concept was a vegan and sustainable clothing store and I called it something along the lines of "carcassless." My professor was so taken back that I would include anything the conveys "dead" in the name of my business! (But not in clothing?) Anyway, I realized that though carcass conveys the message I'm ultimately trying to get across, I can also see how people envision brutal things upon hearing that word. So right now I'm feeling "au courant," which means to be aware and in the moment in French, a little more for my blog's name because I feel as though it conveys the message in a more positive light. I hope this is a little less painful to read. I haven't figured out if I will keep this change or will continue to make people cringe. What do you guys/gals think?

"We gotta make a change...

It's time for us as a people to start makin' some changes.
Let's change the way we eat, let's change the way we live
And let's change the way we treat each other." - Tupac, Changes
Post a Comment